Franklin D. Roosevelt once said, “The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.” He was talking about the Great Depression. I couldn’t help but think about that quote while I was watching In the Age of AI. AI is moving so fast right now that it’s hard not to feel either excited or intimidated by it. Watching the documentary made me realize that the answer is not to fear AI itself, but to be aware of how it is being developed and used. AI is everywhere now, and honestly, it’s jarring how much it’s slipped into daily life. ChatGPT helps with homework, and Netflix knows exactly what I want to binge next.
The Age of AI opened my eyes to a side of the technology that worries me. One thing that really stuck with me was how much AI is shaking up the job market. AI could replace office work and factory jobs. What are people supposed to do when people lose their jobs and haven't developed the skills to adjust to the job market. Sure, AI can make companies run smoother, but that means fewer people actually have jobs. The part about smart devices like Alexa and Google Home honestly freaked me out.
I never thought about how these devices could detect changes in someone’s voice or even health conditions. While that technology could help people identify illnesses earlier, it’s also a major privacy concern. Technology could know so much about me just from the way I speak. Even with all this stuff to worry about, I don’t think we should be totally scared of AI. It could change healthcare, education, and transportation. The problem is ensuring it is developed without violating our privacy or rights.
No comments:
Post a Comment